This is a sketchbook

This is a bit of an experiment for me - a public place to keep track of experiences, experiments, thoughts and images as I work towards an exhibition and a thesis. Hopefully, a public forum will prod me towards coherency and help me have a good record of my process when I get to the point of writing a thesis. Please ignore this blog if you are looking for finished products of my work. If you are interested in the mess and sudden change of directions that are part of the creative process, go ahead and enjoy.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Peggy Phelan says:

"If the performance cannot be influenced by the interaction between the performer and the viewer, then it evades the burden and opportunity of live art. The potential to be transformed by the other allows the aesthetic to embrace the ethical.”

This quote keeps tugging at me like a little sister who wants me to stand up for her against the bullies that I'm really afraid of too.

No comments:

Post a Comment