This is a sketchbook

This is a bit of an experiment for me - a public place to keep track of experiences, experiments, thoughts and images as I work towards an exhibition and a thesis. Hopefully, a public forum will prod me towards coherency and help me have a good record of my process when I get to the point of writing a thesis. Please ignore this blog if you are looking for finished products of my work. If you are interested in the mess and sudden change of directions that are part of the creative process, go ahead and enjoy.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baltimore

I've been reading up on Baltimore. Not in My Neighborhood and The Baltimore Book. Really interesting histories of bigotry and greed shaping the city. I noticed a plaque dedicated to William Marbury, promoter of segregation, in the park in front of my building. I visited pool number two while in Druid Hill yesterday. I like that the city filled it in but kept it as a reminder of segregation. List of interesting empty places in Bmore: Pool number two, Jones Falls, Greenmount cemetery, vacant land in Westport, vacant row homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment